Monday, June 25, 2007

Scavenger Hunt Winners... again

winners!

While some may think it is dorky (and I don't think it is)... Jenny, Gordon, and I are scavenger hunt winners again! We did another Watson Adventures scavenger hunt - this time in Fells Point, Baltimore, MD and came out on top.

We did one last year at the National Gallery and won - beating older and supposedly wiser teams. I'm sure they were wise, however, I like to win. And my team wins.


Jenny and Gordon think I'm very competitive and I'm sure others would say the same, but I don't think it's a bad thing. Who doesn't like winning?? And I don't mind if you want to play to just have fun, but I'm playing to win, so that makes it much better for me if you don't want to win.


Our scavenger hunt this time was a secrets of Fells Point hunt. There were, I think, 4-5 teams. We were given 2 hours and 22 questions. Joy likes to think that her hunt a few weeks ago was harder, because they had to solve a mystery. I say ours was probably just as hard since Gordon and I had never been there and Jenny probably didn't remember a lot of the places. Also, ours was harder because it was in a neighborhood and not in some museum that Joy has been in a thousand billion times.

We had to take a few pictures along the way. Luckily, Gordon and I like to be silly and don't mind taking weird pictures of ourselves... and Jenny plays along. So here are few that helped us win (the hunt judge liked our name - The Fast and The Curious - and our pictures).


Task 1: Act out a show/movie that has been filmed in B'more. Gordon and I acting out Homicide.


Task 2: Act out your team name. Gordon as the fast, Jenny as the curious.



Task 3: Act out a superhero deed. Gordon as the Hero (I let him be the hero) saving me from an oncoming car (not really, it was parked).



Here's a picture of one of the answers we didn't get. It was very much a hide in plain sight kind of answer... and we missed it! Even took the picture of Gordon and me by a car right under it!




They have hunts all over the east coast. I'm thinking of seeing if I can do one in Boston, or maybe even hosting a hunt myself. It seems easy enough and you get to see what everyone writes as the answers! You can check out their website here. It's a fun DC metro kind of thing and they have hunts in Philly, Boston, Baltimore, and NY.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's go team!

Anonymous said...

i play for shirts...if you ain't first you're last

Katie said...

Fun! I love the pictures...especially the one where Gordon is "saving" you from an oncoming car. I miss you guys!