Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'll Take It!



So if you don't know already... I love panda bears! Tai Shan, the cutest baby panda here at the DC National Zoo is my super favorite animal. However... there's a new baby bear that's been getting a lot of attention lately: Knut, the baby polar bear. If you haven't seen him in the news or on CuteOverload (the funnest website ever!), you've been missing out on this new bear that's giving Tai Shan a run for his money-- maybe.

Knut was born at the Berlin zoo... however, his mom rejected him and so animal activists were demanding that the bear be killed. KILLED?! They think that if he were out in the wild and his mom rejected him, he would die. I love animals-- baby ones are the best-- and I wouldn't kill it just because it's mom can't or doesn't want to take care of it. So now the cutest little polar bear will be sent to a different zoo (wouldn't it be cool if it was the DC National Zoo???? Tai Shan and Knut could be BFF!). If they can't find a zoo to take little Knut in, I will. I would gladly raise a little polar bear (especially since I can't raise Tai Shan). I'd much rather have a baby bear (panda or polar) than a baby human, for sure.

Knut's got such a cutie face-- like a little grandpa. And who doesn't like baby animals? People without a heart, I'm sure. Enjoy the couple of videos of the cute Knut romping around and Tai Shan back when he was a mere babe.


No comments: