Sunday, September 17, 2006

I have a car... not really


So I finally joined the car-sharing revolution here in DC. I have to say, it sounds like a great idea! I just recently joined ZipCar because I wanted my sister and BF to have a chance to drive wherever we wanted in the city. It is kind of nice to not have to ask for a ride or wait until someone else is headed in the direction we want/need.

And today, we're using our very first ZipCar. We're going to Great Falls (finally!) to see a more nature-y side of suburb VA. And we're going to the Frank Lloyd Wright house nearby - the Pope-Leighey. It is a very cool house, that Jen and I have been to before. Gordon hasn't seen it... and neither Jen nor I mind seeing it again. I wish I could live in a Frank Lloyd Wright house! He has some really interesting architectural designs.

Anyway, so ZipCars seem like a pretty good idea-- I pay as much as I drive, they pay for gas, and ZipCars are at almost all the metros that I always at- which makes it even easier to get to places.

To all you metro-bound people out there, I suggest looking into a car-sharing progam (there are lots). I also like that I can now use ZipCar in Chapel Hill (why didn't they have it when I was there???), Boston (good to know for next year), and NY (in case I ever want to live on the edge and drive in that yucky city).

I'll post more after our first car-sharing adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house was really cool, smaller than i expected though. all in all a fun sunday drive.

Anonymous said...

I like FLW. Do you think he'll build me a house one day???