Thursday, September 28, 2006

A reply to Katie's post...




In Katie's last post she talked about things she wanted to do before she was 30... My list is a little different. I don't want to be SMART goalsetter (shout out to JrNYLC!) and give myself a deadline because I'll end up changing the deadline anyway... so why fight it?

So here's a list of things I want to do... eventually:

Travel to Nepal (finally!) and at least see Everest.

Buy a house and restore it-- a la Save Our History (the Salisbury, NC episode)

Shave my head to see what it looks like.

Do Peace Corps again (because the language training is the best there is) probably in Africa or the Pacific.

Learn Arabic and/or Chinese.

Visit every National Park in the US.

Travel around the world like this girl Megan (I came across her blog and LOVE it).

Start a non-profit to help women get involved in the democratic process-- possibly in the EAME or Asia.

Get back into climbing and kayaking.

Volunteer or work with pandas!

What's on your list?

5 comments:

Katie said...

YAY! I made it in the Julie blog...this is an exciting day. Do you really want to shave your head? You have such pretty hair! oh...and by the way...all those things...I can't do them by the time I'm 30...I'm only doing TWO by the time I'm 30...sorry for the confusion. I guess I'm not a very SMART goal setter either...I can't even remember what the "A" stands for anymore...sad! (Specific, Measurable, ???, Realistic, Timely) Help me out here!

julie said...

I think it's attainable or something... eh, I probably can't lead tours of DC anymore either. ha. Maybe when I travel around the world I'll shave my head! Did you check out that girl's blog??? I covet her life.

Anonymous said...

i'd like to visit all the continents - with a maybe on antartica (yay penguins, boo cold). i would also like to know all the flags and world capitals.

Anonymous said...

Excuse, that I can not participate now in discussion - there is no free time. But I will return - I will necessarily write that I think on this question.

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, rather valuable phrase