Thursday, October 05, 2006

It's like a new blog... every day!

So for those few of you that read my blog... maybe you noticed a couple of changes (every time you look at my blog). I've found that I've become almost obsessive with re-doing my blog. Last month, I was on myspace all the time, redecorating my page and this month? It is my blog.

I've been trying to learn some basic coding stuff which puts me on the road to computer geek-dom. Great. However, it is just because I covet other people's design savvy and want their blog. So I had to make do with what I had-- the blogger templates-- and came up with this one with my own photo. So the photo up above is actually not from any cool or exotic place. It's not Uzbekistan, London, or anywhere in Italy. It's Salisbury!

Growing up, I passed by this statue ALL the time. It's right in the center of town (so like a mile from each end... I exaggerate-- a little). Even now, I have to ask Jenny what the statue is for. Turns out that it's for confederate soldiers. With Salisbury, NC being in the south, it makes sense. I never really thought about the statue, except for when the town made a huge deal about it being taken down for awhile to get clean-- it was copper and like the Statue of Liberty and the nasty penny in your pocket, it turned green. But on a recent trip home and my new cool digital camera at the ready, I got this nice shot of something so ordinary.

Lesson of the day: Sometimes the cool stuff is where you least expect it-- like back home instead of in some exotic locale.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the blog... we'll see how long it takes before I take it down and substitute another picture.

word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like that picture....it makes me think of orangeade from the pharmacy.