Saturday, October 21, 2006

Who's got a new TV?

That's right, folks. Jenny and I have said goodbye to our sad, blurry TV. Hello, Sharpie-- our new flat screen Sharp tv! Gone are the days of the screen blurring whenever red or yellow is on the screen. Yay for HDTV. Amazing thing, that HD. I never thought it would be that great of a deal... but ESPN in HD makes it look like you're actually at the game (so it's kind of like I could have been at Game 7-- GO CARDS!), The Lion King looks like Africa-- for real, and Little Mermaid? Well... not the greatest "remastered" Disney DVD, but still a great movie. And... on the Today Show Meredith Vieira, not the prettiest in HD, but Anne Curry, still pretty.


Who knew TV could look this good? Oh, I guess all of you people that have had HD for like 2 years or something already. Then again, I also didn't know what a DVR was when I came back to the states.




Tonight, Jenny, Gordon and I saw Flags of Our Fathers. You should see it. It's very good... and if you can look past the fact that Jesse Bradford (yes, the guy in Bring It On) is a jerk, you'll enjoy it. Ryan Phillippe did a pretty good job. And you'll recognize a lot of the war buddies too (my favorite-- Jamie Bell, Mr. Billy Elliot himself!). Anyway, I think it's good... and very interesting since I had to take gaggles of children to the Marine Corps Memorial here in the DC area (actually in Arlington). A little disillusioning, but good.

Things I'm looking forward to in the coming weekend? A corn maze in Maryland, an office party (the cider squeeze) at the big boss' farm in WV, watching the new TV, and possible sunshine so I can finally wear the new sunglasses after a gross and rainy week. Word.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart Sharpie. He's the bestest TV a girl could have.

Katie said...

I would love to watch my beloved Wizards play on your new tv...Sharpie. (I'm just remembering the soccer game that we watched at Micki and Carl's) Let's make a date...how does June 2007 sound to you?

Katie said...

oooo...my birthday! I could come to DC on my birthday!

Katie said...

I love leaving you random comments at midnight!